Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day 6

Just finished lunch and Stacie and I realized that we are now counting down the meals until our challenge is over. We have breakfast for tomorrow morning (eggs, toast and peanut butter), so the only meals left to worry about are dinner tonight and lunch and dinner tomorrow night (3 meals total). We have some mac and cheese left and a little pasta in addition to some sweet potato (stop me if this sounds familiar), but we figured we needed at least one more protein which, if we buy enough, should cover two out of the three meals. Haven't decided what yet - we're going to make a grocery store trip later this afternoon when Hailey wakes up from her nap and see what our options are. The good news is that we still have more than $17 of our budget remaining.

Last night we had our first real indulgence of the week. After dinner, I had to run out to the Rite Aid up the street to get something for Hailey and while there, I noticed that they had king size kitt-katts for 99 cents. I don't think either of us has been more excited to eat candy. I'm not going to lie - it was really good! Last night I also broke my streak of eating pasta every night this week. We picked up a rotisserie chicken from Safeway (on sale for $5) and I had that along with some peas and a sweet potato. Stacie and Hailey stuck with the mac and cheese though, to go with the chicken.

We're trying to keep busy this weekend and make sure we're not in the house any more than necessary so we're not just stuck here thinking about food. This morning we had a great time with our friends the Bensons at Port Discovery (a children's museum in Baltimore) and tonight we're going to Hampden to see the Christmas lights (didn't make it last night). And the Falcons are playing the Lions later tonight so I'll have that to distract me. We don't have any specific plans for tomorrow, but I'm sure we'll figure out something to get us out of the house. And if all else fails, I can always plant myself on the couch and watch the NFL. Will just have to do it without the usual snacks and adult beverages.

Will plan on updating again at some point tomorrow and will let you know what we decided to get for our final meals. If anyone has any suggestions, we're all ears.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and thanks again for everything.

Neil, Stacie and Hailey

No comments:

Post a Comment